(PDF) May 18, 2018 – Students at Federalsburg Elementary School recently participated in the sixth annual Every Kid Healthy Week, April 23-27, with a variety of health, fitness, and nutrition-themed events.
- Every day at mid-morning and mid-afternoon, students and staff took Brain Breaks that consisted of standing and doing some type of fun movement for at least a few minutes.
- Specials classes (music, art, gym, media center) all centered lessons and activities around daily themes such as Let’s Get Physical, Footloose, and Run for your Life.
- The Police Department conducted a Bike Safety lesson for all students.
- Students, families, county commissioner Dan Franklin, school board members George Abner and Kathy Dill, and superintendent Patricia Saelens enjoyed a Bring Your Child to Breakfast Day.
- Thanks to a donation from Choptank Community Health, students were also treated to apples each morning.
In addition, a Salad Bar Fundraiser was held in to raise money for a new bike and scooter which were raffled off at the end of the week.
According to Peggy Warfield, school nurse at Federalsburg and event organizer, “The children have had a wonderful week! I already have requests to do the family breakfast twice next year as well as repeating the whole Every Kid Healthy Week again in 2019.”
(More photos available on Caroline County Public Schools Flickr page.)