(PDF) May 17, 2018 – The Greensboro Elementary School Wellness Committee recently hosted a successful Family Wellness Night, made possible with grant support from the Caroline County Health Department, Action for Healthy Kids, and the Marydel Lions Club.
Students and their families, along with school staff, were able to participate in fun physical activities including dancing and Midnight Bowling. Caroline County Recreation and Parks and the YMCA demonstrated activities that families could do at home for exercise. They also showed participants how to play Frisbee golf.
Local agencies set up stations with games, giveaways, and information. Choptank Community Health staff promoted good dental hygiene and warned of the dangers of tobacco use. Families were provided information on local food shelters, mental health resources, and drug and alcohol prevention
The following agencies contributed to the success of the event:
• Choptank Community Health School Based Wellness and Dental Services
• Caroline County Emergency Services
• Caroline County Health Department
• Caroline County Recreation and Parks
• Eastern Shore Area Health Education Center
• Maryland Health Connection/Seedco
• Maryland Department of Health – Mid-Shore WIC Program
• Chesapeake YMCA
• Trinity United Methodist Church - Giving Grace Food Pantry and Blessing Boxes
• University of Maryland Shore Regional Health
(More photos available on Caroline County Public Schools Flickr page.)