(PDF) March 1, 2018 - The following dates and locations have been set for pre-kindergarten and kindergarten screening:
For students attending Denton Elementary and Ridgely Elementary, screening will take place:
Wednesday, April 25th from 9:30 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. at Denton Elementary School
For students attending Greensboro Elementary, screening will take place:
Thursday, April 26th from 9:30 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. at Greensboro Elementary School
For students attending Federalsburg Elementary and Preston Elementary, screening will take place:
Monday, April 30th from 9:30 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. at Federalsburg Elementary School
All children whose birthday is on or after September 2, 2012, and on or before September 1, 2013, are
required by Maryland law to begin kindergarten in September 2018.
All children whose birthday is on or after September 2, 2013, and on or before September 1, 2014, may request their child be enrolled in pre-kindergarten classes that begin in September 2018.
Information needed at the time of registration:
- Proof of residence in Caroline County
- Child's birth certificate
- Child's social security number
- Child's immunization record
- Child's blood lead test results
To register for Pre-Kindergarten, proof of income must be produced through one of the following:
- W-2 for parents in the household
- Pay stubs showing income for one month
- Self-documented income worksheet that can be completed at notarized at registration
The registration form is available on the Caroline County Public Schools website: www.cl.k12md.us
Please note: If enrollment is not completed by August 15th, transportation may be delayed up to five days. Families will need to provide transportation during that time.
Families may opt to take advantage of the following screenings for pre-kindergarten:
- Vision and hearing screening; screening for Amblyopia
- Assessment of large and small muscle development
- Assessment of social development
- Immunization screening
For more information, please call Nancy Robinson, Communications Coordinator, 410-479-2896.