The Caroline County Board of Education recognized two retirees during the January 6, 2015 board meeting.
Opal K. Starkey, a Greensboro Elementary School cafeteria worker for 10 years, was honored by the board for her service to the county. Also honored was Vicky M. Brooks, a Lockerman Middle School cafeteria worker, who worked for the county for eight years. Pictured from left to right: board member Walter Palmer III, board vice president James Newcomb Jr., Milton Nagel, interim superintendent of schools; Starkey, board president Tolbert Rowe, and board members George Abner and Louise Cheek. Not pictured is Ms. Brooks.
MOMENT OF SILENCE
At the beginning of the board meeting, the board requested a moment of silence in memory of Preston Elementary School teacher Mrs. Michaela Coulbourn, who passed away in a car accident over the winter break. Mrs. Coulbourn had been a teacher with the system since 1986 as a special education teacher and a fourth grade teacher.
- Mrs. Debbie George, Supervisor of Instruction, gave an update on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) intiatives.
- Interim Superintendent of Schools Mr. Milton Nagel reviewed the Caroline County Public Schools Energy Performance Project for Year 2: April 2013 - March 2014 Measurements and Verification Report.
- Mrs. Louise Cheek, board member, gave an update on upcoming education legislation.
ACTION ITEMS - The Board approved the following items:
- Green Cleaning Policy
- 2015-2016 Closed School List
- Solar Photvaltaic System Power Purchase Agreement
- Lease Purchase Financing
- Personnel Items