The Caroline County Board of Education has begun its search for a new Superintendent of Schools. To help facilitate this process, the Caroline County Board has contracted the services of the Maryland Association of Boards of Education (MABE), an agency that specializes in assisting Boards with the consideration of candidates for educational leadership roles.
Open community forums will be held at locations throughout the county to help identify the qualities and characteristics residents want in the new superintendent.
The following are the open forum times, dates and locations:
- Monday, December 15 at 7 p.m. at Colonel Richardson High School cafeteria, 25320 Richardson Road, Federalsburg.
- Monday, December 15 at 7 p.m. at North Caroline High School cafeteria, 10990 River Road, Ridgely
Participants will be provided a brief presentation about the superintendent search, participate in group discussions and will be asked to answer three questions:
- What do you feel are the most positive things about Caroline County and Caroline County Public Schools?
- What characteristics and qualifications do you feel a superintendent should possess?
- What challenges do you think the new superintendent will face.
Input from these forums will be compiled, presented to and used by the Board of Education to develop a brochure and advertisement to solicit candidates for the superintendent position. The brochure and advertisement will be posted on our school system website and placed in local, state and national publications.
Individuals or groups that cannot participate in the forums are encouraged to e-mail responses to email@example.com or mail responses to arrive before December 15 to Kathryn Blumsack, Maryland Association of Boards of Education, 631 Ridgley Avenue, Suite 300, Annapolis, MD 21201.