|General Information||Bidding Information||Use Of Facilities||Upcoming Projects||Contact Information|
The Facilities Department researches, coordinates and supervises all aspects of the building upgrade, renovation and construction phase for the Public School system.
General Bidding Conditions-
- Submission of Bids: Bids should be submitted on the bid form provided in the solicitation. All bids must be signed and submitted in a sealed envelope clearly identified on the outside with the name of the project, date and time of the scheduled bid opening as indicated in the advertisement. Faxed or emailed bids will not be accepted.
- Delivery of Bids: Bids should be mailed or hand carried to the specified location indicated on the advertisement prior to the announced bid opening. Bids received after said time will be returned to the bidder unopened. It is fully the responsibility of the bidding agent to insure the bid is received on time. The Board of Education will not speculate as to reasonableness of the postmark, nor accept apparent failure of a public mail carrier to have made a prompt delivery of the bid.
- Right to accept/reject: The Board of Education reserves the right to accept or reject any and all submitted bids. The lowest submitted bid will not necessarily win the contract; The Board of Education will accept or reject a bid according to the best interest of the Caroline County School System and reserves the right to award a contract by individual items, in aggregate, or in combination thereof as deemed necessary to fulfill the anticipated requirements of the School System.
- Exceptions: Any exceptions to the specifications set forth herein should be listed and attached to the bid. Exceptions may not disqualify the bid; the Board of Education will determine if the exception is an essential item or a minor deviation. If the exception is minor the Board of Education has the right to award to that bidder if it determines the performance of the contractor and the interests of the Board of Education are not adversely affected by the exception.
- Multi-Year Contracts: It should be noted that multi-year contracts may be continued each fiscal year only after funding appropriations and program approval have been granted by the Board of Education. In the event that the Board of Education does not grant the necessary funding appropriation/ program approval, then the affected multi- year contract becomes null and void effective immediately at the start of that fiscal year for which approvals have been denied. All awards are based on availability of funds.
- Insurance: If required by the Special Conditions of the Invitation for Bid, the bidder shall provide the Board of Education with Certificates of Insurance within ten (10) days of bid award evidencing the required coverage. All certificates must be provided before commencing work in connection with the awarded contract.
- Approval of Equals: In all specifications where a material or article is defined by describing a propriety product or by using the name of a specific product, vendor, or manufacturer, it can be assumed that an approved equal can be substituted. Use of a specific product, name, vendor or manufacturer is an attempt to establish a standard of quality and type that is familiar to the Board of Education. If an unspecified product is included in a bid it is the responsibility of the bidder to support the claim that it is equal to the specified product and documentation proving the claim must be included in the bid. The Board of Education will decide if the product does in fact meet or exceed the specifications listed.
- Sales Tax: Caroline County Public Schools is exempt from Federal excise and Maryland sales tax. A copy of an exemption certificate shall be provided upon request.
- Delivery: All items, unless otherwise specified, including F.O.B. destination and delivery costs and charges, will be included in the bid.
- Cooperative Purchasing: (piggybacking) The Board of Education may authorize, upon request, a governmental entity (hereafter Authorized User) within the County to purchase items under the contract awarded pursuant to this bid solicitation. All purchase orders issued against the contract by an Authorized User shall be honored by the contractor in accordance with all terms and conditions of this contract. The issuance of a purchase order by an Authorized User pursuant to this provision shall constitute an express assumption of all contractual obligations, covenants, conditions, and terms of the contract. A breach of the contract by any particular Authorized User shall neither constitute nor be deemed a breach of the contract as a whole which shall remain in force and effect, and shall not affect the validity of the contract nor the obligations of the contractor thereunder respecting the Board of Education. The Board of Education specifically and expressly disclaims any and all liability for any breach by an Authorized User other than the Board of Education and each such Authorized User and contractor guarantee to save the Board of Education, its officers, agents, representatives, and employees harmless from any liability that may be or is imposed by the Authorized Userâ€™s failure to preform in accordance with its obligations under the contract.
The Board of Education of Caroline County encourages the use of educational facilities by the community. Please review the CCPS Building and Ground use policy (link below) before requesting a reservation.
Our facilities are available for public use. Please fill out the information required using the link below, to reserve time for your event or organization and someone will get back to you promptly to discuss your request. A fee may be required in order to use our buildings and amenities. Not all rooms, areas or dates are available, if you have any questions please contact Caroline County Public Schools. During the process of making a building request you may receive several emails, each request must receive approval from three (3) sources within the CCPS System before it is complete. If you have any questions about the status of your request please give us a call. As you fill in the request at the link below you will be prompted for a lot of required information. This is to ensure that we understand exactly who is using our building, you may also be contacted to provide more information such as insurance etc. After you have completed your request enter the password "kids" and click submit.
Building Use Request
SUBMITTAL PASSWORD: kids
|1.||Fees for custodians will be charged beginning 1/2 hour before and ending 1/2 hour after|
|scheduled activity. A minimum of two (2) hours will be charged.|
|2.||Cafeteria personnel are assigned by the cafeteria manager. A minimum of two (2) hours|
|will be charged for cafeteria personnel.|
|3.||All stage lighting and sound system rental requires the services of a stage lighting operator|
|designated by the school principal.|
|4.||Parking Lot lighting is automatically charged for any activity in progress after dark.|
|Charges accumulate until lights are no longer necessary to support the activity.|
|5.||Air conditioning requires pre-approval of the Assistant Superintendent. Chillers will not|
|be turned on for events scheduled after the students leave for summer break without|
|prior approval. Chiller charges must include a three (3) hour minimum.|
|6.||Portable toilet rental is the responsibility of the person or organization making the request.|
|Prior approval from the building administrator is necessary for the placement of portable|
|toilets on school grounds.|
After your request has been submitted a representative will contact you to discuss availability and Fees.
|Preston Elementary School Building Renovation||In Progress|
Supervisor of School Construction 410.479.1210