Superintendent John D. Ewald
Welcome to Caroline County Public Schools
Greetings! I am thrilled to be serving as the Superintendent of Schools for the Caroline County Public Schools (CCPS) System.
Once again, our school system is having a very busy summer.
- The Hometown Heroes Summer School Program is off and running thanks to the strong partnership we share with Caroline County Recreation and Parks.
- Preston Elementary School construction continues on time and within budget.
- Professional Development (PD) opportunities continue throughout the summer for CCPS staff.
- Personnel interviews are being conducted and staff hired as we prepare for students for the 2015 – 2016 school year.
- CCPS Summer Camps, Orientations and Programs are running and getting ready to run smoothly for our students.
- Building services staff are doing an exceptional job keeping our buildings clean for our summer programs as well as prepping our buildings for students and staff scheduled to arrive this August.
- Instructional materials and building supplies continue to be received, catalogued and distributed.
- And as your new Superintendent of Schools, I have been proactively getting to know our County, school system, staff and community.
Yes, it continues to be a very busy and exciting summer in Caroline County Public Schools.
In the near future, my specific Entry Plan will be posted on our web site. The primary focus of the plan is for me to establish a solid understanding of the district. Throughout this process, information will be gathered, organized and eventually shared with the Board of Education and our community in the fall of 2015.
Throughout the entry process, there will be multiple opportunities for students, staff, parents and community members to meet with me, dialogue and share celebrations and challenges. This information will then be used as we plan our next steps and move plans forward as a public school system. Additionally, these opportunities for dialogue will continue well after the entry process throughout the school year.
I wish for you a summer filled with ample opportunities for time with family and friends. I also hope to see you this summer throughout our community.
Again, I am thrilled to be serving as the Superintendent of Schools for Caroline County Public Schools and look forward to our work together in support of each of our students.
John D. Ewald
Superintendent of Schools
Caroline County Public Schools